Saturday, December 01, 2007

The Holiday's are upon us once again!

Funny how I always intend to update this blog, yet I never find enough time. I can't count the sheer number of times that I have started a blog post with that sentence. Hmmm. Anyway, thanksgiving has come and passed and now we are in the full on rush towards Christmas. What I find really amazing is that it has been a years since my return from my study abroad in Norway, and 6-months since I graduated from the University of Minnesota.
Onto the topic of this days post:

Andrew's Christmas List for 2007
  • Timex Men's Ironman Triathlon 42 Lap Combo Dual Tech Watch #T56371. Available at Amazon.com. Great for work, casual, and dress up
  • Antec Sonata III Black 0.8mm cold rolled steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply. Look for deals on this case as Christmas approaches on Dealnews.com or Newegg.com
  • Socks – Casual, Dress, and Work
  • Work Clothes – Carhart etc. for working in the truck and outdoors
  • Wood Splitting Axe or Maul with a Friberglass handle for the Lake
  • Red Wing Boots or steel toed
  • Pajama Bottoms – Nice ones
  • Gift Cards: Target, Amazon, Express, REI
  • Thundercats DVD’s: Season 1 Volume 2, Season 2 Volumes 1 & 2
  • Animaniacs Volume 3 DVD
  • Canon Digital Rebel XTi 10.1MP Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens or The Nixon D40X, Your choice based on price.
  • Wood-working lessons with Dad
Updated Items Decmber 7th, 2007
  • Accesories for IPod Nano: Griffin Technologies Tune Buds in Silver or Black, and the Griffin technologies Itrip for Nano or Ipod Road Trip (this includes the Itrip as well as car charger w/dock connection for Ipod and Ipod Nano's). Both of these products can be found on my Amazon list as well, but prices may differ at major electronic retailers.
  • Coffee. Ground or whole bean. Would like Coffee from Espresso Royale in Dinkytown either their Hennepin Blend or if they have a good holiday blend would be nice for all of us to enjoy over the holidays.
  • REI Tree Print Beanie

Other items as well as these listed above can be viewed at my Amazon Wishlist
My Amazon.com Wish List

My Brother's list can be seen here: Franky J's Christmas List

Kristen (the GF) is getting set for the Holidays as well, seeking things for her new apartment in South Minneapolis as well as work clothing for her new job as an HR rep at Metro Dental Care. She has the best list so far this holiday season.

I know I talked about this last year, more and more it is becoming harder to know what to ask for, when the gifts bcome more expensive and less "needs" and more wants. However, this year I "need" a lot of things, but also have a good mix of wants. We'll see how the holidays unroll, and hopefully I can get my brother to write a post about Friends Thanksgiving that happened a couple weeks ago.

I close this post on a important note, the Twin Cities and Minnesota recieved its firts signifigant snow fall of the year, not bad right? Well for a lot of motorists the mix of icy roads with blowing snow lead to cars in the ditch, and minor accidents. My Dad and I were on our way home today from spending 2 nights and a day at the Cabin; we were 12 miles from home when the 96 Explorer hit a rough patch of ice and spun-out on East bound Highway 10; smashing us into the Concrete Median. Thankfully, niether my Father nor myself was seriously injured or did we hit another vehicle. We think the Explorer is totaled. It was quite an innconvenience, and now the folks have to start car-shopping for a replacement vehicle. (UPDATE) We've been looking at the car listings, and my Dad has test drove several already; the folks have liked the Ford Escape and the Ford Fusion.

No comments: