House Minority Leader Marty Seifert, R-Marshall, who labored to hold his tiny caucus together against a gas- tax increase last session, maintained Tuesday that "there are other places to get money before taxes."In response to that statement, here is our short list of alternative revenue sources; enjoy.
5. Replace the bridge bake sale
4. Republican Talent Show…oh wait nevermind
3. Tolls on ALL Minnesota Bridges…It’s a fee, in keeping with Pothole Pawlenty
2. Carol Molnau Dunk Tank at the Minnesota State Fair
…and the Number 1 “other places to get money before taxes” for Minnesota’s Transportation crisis is....
1. Naming rights for the I-35W bridge.
You can create your own list at home for alternatives sources of revenue and send them to Marty Seifert c/o fixourbridgeonthecheap.com and your state representatives.
Update: August 9th, 2007
Other great ideas that we have had submitted to us:
"Win a date with Norm Coleman!" silent auction. His wife could take the photos.
Raffle tickets to the governors fishing trip
"Bridge Rememberance Christmas Wreath" And in an especially sentimental touch, $35 for each one